Whether you are an already established seller dreaming to expand by joining hands with a premium organization or just a young motivated entrepreneur searching for a platform to abridge your gap with your selling audience, e-commerce is the way to go! And what comes to mind when you hear the words e-commerce bigwigs? AMAZON of course!
I know you feel that you’re in a pickle, well here is low-key advice from one seller to another, it doesn’t really matter which online big shot you are choosing to start your business, creating an account is fairly the same process.
How to get started?
The first step is to sign up for an account, to do so; you can go through these following options:
Open Services.amazon.com, select “Sell on Amazon” box or “Selling on Amazon” link
OR; open Sellercentral.amazon.com, select the bottom left option “Selling on Amazon”
OR; choose the “Sell” button on Amazon.com home page
Now comes the decision making part folks! Decide the type of seller you want to be.
The dilemma of choosing your seller account type!
Being a self-made entrepreneur is challenging, especially when it comes to making important business decisions, for instance, choosing between creating a professional selling account or an individual selling account, to have an exceptional kick start in your online start-ups. One piece of advice to you self-starters is to never make an uninformed decision. The first rule of jumping into a new business approach is to always do your research!
You must be thinking what it would mean to be a professional or an individual seller before further ado lets jump on to addressing this pickle situation that might affect your profits if chosen rashly. Professional Sellers are principally sellers that have a slightly bigger structure with a slightly greater number of products, whereas Individual Sellers are usually sellers that have a handful of products to offer.
There are five important things to mull over prior to selecting your seller account type:
1. Professional Sellers are subjected to a monthly fee to keep their accounts, regardless of the number of sales they are making.
2. Even though the referral charges for both categories are same, individual sellers have to contend to an item fee on every sale they make, while professional sellers are free from such charges.
3. You do not have the option of setting your standard deliverance fee if you are an individual seller, so keep this in mind and choose wisely!
4. If you are an individual seller and looking to craft your own listings for products, you are out of luck my friend! Because only professional sellers have the luxury of creating product listings never offered before.
5. Another thing to ponder over is whether you are an individual seller looking to expand soon because you will surely have trouble convincing these e-commerce gods, as only Professional Sellers can advertise in 10 or so categories of products that are restricted.
Although, account creation is pretty effortless, keep these pre-requisites in mind if you want to be one of the big shots in e-commerce one day:
1. Name, address and contact info of your business
2. A phone number for contact
3. An official email address
4. A credit card holding your billing address (must be chargeable internationally)
5. Tax identity information of your company
Congratulations! You are now a registered seller on Amazon. Another step forward and you will achieve the status of a “Launched” seller. Enter your product listings into your seller account and Voila! Your e-commerce journey now begins.
Pro Tip: Always seek advice for pre-requisites from an experienced seller before you jump on this bandwagon of entrepreneurship.